A chapel in Herefordshire (Bromyard Hundred), in Clifton upon Teme Ancient Parish, which was otherwise entirely Worcestershire (Doddingtree Hundred). Had separate civil identity early in Herefordshire, so that Clifton upon Teme was entirely Worcestershire thereafter. Transferred to Worcestershire in 1844 for civil purposes. Transferred from Worcestershire to Herefordshire in 1893. The area of the original chapel ecclesiastically severed in 1972 to help create Edvin Loach with Tedstone Wafer Ecclesiastical Parish. (It is probable that Tedstone Wafer was originally an Ancient Parish, but perhaps an independent chapel in Herefordshire) 
St. Mary, Edvin Loach & St.James, Tedstone Wafer
St. Mary 's, Edvin Loach was declared redundant on 26 September 1974. 
St. James' Tedstone Wafer was declared redundant on 3 March 1972 for residential use.
Archdeaconry of Salop, Diocese of Hereford 
Collington ; Tedstone Wafer; Brockhampton; Edvin Ralph (All in Herefordshire) 
Parish Registers at Worcestershire Archives
No Parish Registers held at Worcestershire Archives. The original registers are at Herefordshire Record Office
Christenings 1576-1754, 1757-1812 (Including Tedstone Wafer 1813-1930) Marriages 1576-1832, 1840-1941 Burials 1576-1754, 1813-1995 - Published , 1979 - Author: Hereford CRO Herefordshire Record Office
At Society of Genealogists  :
EDVIN LOACH : Christenings & Burials 1576-1754, Marriages 1576-1832 [Microfilm.] Published , 1979 Author Hereford CRO
TEDSTONE WAFER : Christenings 1729-1812, Marriages 1729-1836, B 1729-59, banns 1763-1808 [Microfilm.] Published , 1989 Author Hereford CRO
TEDSTONE WAFER : Marriages(Index) 1705-15, 1736-87 (BTs): Bertram Merrell's marriage index of Herefordshire [Microfiche.] IN: Bertram Merrell's marriage index of Herefordshire Published : Bertram Merrell, 1996 Author Merrell, Bertram
Monumental Inscriptions and Associated Documents
At Society of Genealogists  :-
EDVIN LOACH (St. Mary Virgin) : Monumental Inscriptions in the church 1880-1944 & the churchyard 1689-1994 : Herefordshire monumental inscriptions, vol. 23 IN: Herefordshire monumental inscriptions, vol. 23 Published Herefordshire FHS 2004 Author Robinson, Victoria J et al. (transcriptions) Source D: Herefordshire FHS.
Herefordshire monumental inscriptions index, version 4 [CD-ROM.] - Published Herefordshire FHS 2005
All the censuses between 1841 and 1901 are now available on a number of fee-paying (Subscription or PayAsYouGo) sites including Ancestry.co.uk, FindMyPast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk and genesreunited.co.uk. The 1911 census is available in full or in part on some of these sites. We are unable to advise on the choice of site since researchers' personal preferences will be influenced by the content and search facilities offered by each site. Some sites offer a free trial.
Access to the library edition of Ancestry.co.uk is widely available at most record offices, including Worcestershire Archives, and some libraries. You are advised to book time on their computers before making a visit.
A free-to-view site is being developed at freecen.org.uk for the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 censuses. Coverage of Worcestershire parishes is rather sparse at this time.
Census returns can usually be viewed at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' Family History Centres.
Some repositories offer census details on microform, disc or printed copy. These include:
1851-1881 Herefordshire Record Office
An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831:
EDVIN-LOACH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of DODDINGTREE, county of WORCESTER, though locally in the hundred of Broxash, county of Hereford, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Bromyard, containing 63 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, with which the rectory of Tedstone-Wafer is united, in the archdeaconry of Salop, and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £2. 1. 10½ Mr. Higgihson was patron in 1811.
Last Updated: 24/07/2012