Wick Episcopi


Ancient Parish [25]
Originally a chapel in Worcester St Helen Ancient Parish (including a chapel at Bedwardine St John). It was a separate parish in 1283 in Worcester Rural Deanery. The parish church was abandoned and the chapel was consecrated in 1371 as the parish church of 'Bedwardine St John' (Ecclesiastically called 'Worcester St John the Baptist, Bedwardine') [25]


O.S. Ref: SO828531
3 miles S.W. of central Worcester on the A4440 southern link road


Lower Oswaldslow [44]

Manorial Records

Worcestershire Archives [50]
Reserved and chief rents 1742-1834


An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 by Samuel Lewis:

WICK-EPISCOPI, a township in the parish of ST. JOHN BEDWARDINE, lower division of the hundred of OSWALDSLOW, county of WORCESTER, containing 1263 inhabitants.

Last Updated: 30/07/2012