Ecclesiastical & Civil Parish 
The Ecclesiastical Parish was originally named 'Mathon St. James' but renamed as West Malvern. It was created in 1844 from Mathon Ancient Parish & Leigh Ancient Parish (both in Worcestershire) & from Cradley Ancient Parish & Colwall Ancient Parish (both in Herefordshire), to be in Worcester diocese.
The Civil Parish was created in 1897 as the renaming of an area created by the union of Mathon Urban Civil Parish (in Worcestershire) & part of Cradley Civil Parish (in Herefordshire), to be entirely Worcestershire.
Parish Registers at Worcestershire Archives
|Originals||Banns||1897 - 1926|||
International Genealogical Index (IGI)
|Parish Registers||Births / Christenings||1844-1875|
For the names of those included on a War Memorial at St. James's Church see:
The following school records are original documents. Note reference number and contact staff at Worcestershire Archives:
West Malvern C E Primary School
Admission registers - 1887 - 1943 - Ref: BA 12235/4 - 5
Log books - 1868 - 1990 - Ref: BA 12235/1 - 4
Punishment book - 1941 - 60 - Ref: BA 12235/6 (ii)
West Malvern Residential Open Air Council School
Fees and Admissions Register - 1920 - 30 - Ref: BA 530/15
Fees and Admissions Register - 1930 - 45 - Ref: BA 530/15
Wesleyan Methodist Sunday School
Class Book - 1896-1901 - Ref: BA 7607/1
Class book - 1896 - 1901 - Ref: BA 7607/1
The records of schools and other educational establishments in this parish are detailed in a handlist available at Worcestershire Archives. The list refers to original documents so you will need to note the reference number and contact staff.
Last Updated: 04/11/2016