Extra-parochial place. A separate Civil Parish in 1858. Abolished civilly in 1933 entirely to Hampton Lovett Ancient Parish 
Crutch probably became extra-parochial in 1178, when the tithes were assigned to the nuns of Westwood in exchange for their claim on the church of Dodderhill and remained so until 1857, when it was formed into a civil parish.
All the censuses between 1841 and 1901 are now available on a number of fee-paying (Subscription or PayAsYouGo) sites including Ancestry.co.uk, FindMyPast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk and genesreunited.co.uk. The 1911 census is available in full or in part on some of these sites. We are unable to advise on the choice of site since researchers' personal preferences will be influenced by the content and search facilities offered by each site. Some sites offer a free trial.
Access to the library edition of Ancestry.co.uk is widely available at most record offices, including Worcestershire Archives, and some libraries. You are advised to book time on their computers before making a visit.
A free-to-view site is being developed at freecen.org.uk for the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 censuses. Coverage of Worcestershire parishes is rather sparse at this time.
Census returns can usually be viewed at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' Family History Centres.
Some repositories offer census details on microform, disc or printed copy. These include:
An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 by Samuel Lewis:
CRUTCH, an extra-parochial district, in the upper division of the hundred of HALFSHIRE, county of WORCESTER, 2 miles (N.) from Droitwich.
Last Updated: 22/07/2012