Ancient Parish 
Including a chapel at Cow Honeybourne. Cow Honeybourne, in Gloucestershire (Kiftsgate Hundred), enjoyed separate civil identity early in Gloucestershire and was ecclesiastically united early to Church Honeybourne. The union was reaffirmed 1885, so that this parish ecclesiastically was called 'Church Honeybourne with Cow Honeybourne'. Church Honeybourne abolished civilly in 1953 to help create Honeybourne Civil Parish 
Archdeaconry & Diocese of Worcester until 1919, Archdeaconry & Diocese of Gloucester (1919 - *) 
Pebworth (Gloucestershire); Mickleton (Gloucestershire); Weston Subedge (Gloucestershire); Aston Subedge (Gloucestershire); Saintbury (Gloucestershire); Bretforton; South Littleton; North & Middle Littleton 
Parish Registers at Worcestershire Archives
plus 1816, 1823, 1824, 1832
Marriage licences 1581-1720
The registers include the parish of Cow Honeybourne
International Genealogical Index (IGI)
|Parish Registers||Births / Christenings||1673-1812|
|Bishops' Transcripts||Births / Christenings||1614-1641; 1660-1661; 1674-1700 (54%)|
At Society of Genealogists 
HONEYBOURNE : Christenings 1614-29, Marriages 1611-39, Burials 1625-26 (Bishops' Transcripts) [Typescript.] Published , Nd.
A Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Record Office t
Christenings 1673-1812 Marriages 1673-1758 Burials 1673-1812
Monumental Inscriptions and Associated Documents
At BMSGH Shop
At BMSGH Reference Library 
At Society of Genealogists  :-
CHURCH HONEYBOURNE : Monumental Inscriptions: in Bloom's Worcestershire Monumental Inscriptions, part 1 [Manuscript.] IN: Bloom's Worcestershire Monumental Inscriptions, part 1 Published , Nd. Author Bloom, J Harvey (transcriptions)
HONEYBOURNE (Cemetery) : Monumental Inscriptions: Worcestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 11 [Typescript.] IN: Worcestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 11 Published Birmingham : Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry, 1992 Author Farmer, G R (transcriptions) Author Bushell, L C Source D: BMSGH
HONEYBOURNE (St. Ecgwin) : Monumental Inscriptions: Worcestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 11 [Typescript.] IN: Worcestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 11 Published Birmingham : Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry, 1992 Author Farmer, G R (transcriptions) Author Bushell, L C Source D: BMSGH
For the names of those included on a war memorial at St. Ecgwin's Church see:
All the censuses between 1841 and 1901 are now available on a number of fee-paying (Subscription or PayAsYouGo) sites including Ancestry.co.uk, FindMyPast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk and genesreunited.co.uk. The 1911 census is available in full or in part on some of these sites. We are unable to advise on the choice of site since researchers' personal preferences will be influenced by the content and search facilities offered by each site. Some sites offer a free trial.
Access to the library edition of Ancestry.co.uk is widely available at most record offices, including Worcestershire Archives, and some libraries. You are advised to book time on their computers before making a visit.
A free-to-view site is being developed at freecen.org.uk for the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 censuses. Coverage of Worcestershire parishes is rather sparse at this time.
Census returns can usually be viewed at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' Family History Centres.
Some repositories offer census details on microform, disc or printed copy. These include:
Gloucestershire 1851 census [CD-ROM.] - Published Gloucestershire FHS 2001 - Author: Gloucestershire FHS (comp)
Gloucestershire 1851 Census index & transcription, vol. 24 : HO 107/2044; HO 107/2074; HO 107/2076 (parts) - North East Gloucestershire [parishes in cross county districts - Evesham, Stratford on Avon & Shipston on Stour registration districts]: Index to the 1851 Census for Gloucestershire [Microfiche.] - Published Gloucestershire FHS, 1999 - Author: Gloucestershire FHS (comp.)
Search Services (Fee paying) - BMSGH and Independent
Parish Records on microform
An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 by Samuel Lewis:
HONEYBOURNE (CHURCH), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of BLACKENHURST, county of WORCESTER, 4 miles (N. W. by N.) from Chipping-Campden, containing, with Poden, 136 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with that of Cow-Honeybourne, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in-the king's books at £6. 4.4 ½ and in the patronage of Mrs. Williams. The church, dedicated to St. Egwin, has a plain tower surmounted by a spire : it was esteemed the mother church in the Vale of Evesham at the dissolution of the abbey There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists.
Last Updated: 23/10/2016