Harvington Hall, 1½ miles N.W. of Chaddesley Corbett, a moated manor house, dates from Tudor times and was occupied by a branch of the Babington family, who were Recusants. The Hall was a centre for Catholicism throughout the years of persecution. It has a maze of secret passages and "holes" designed by St. Nicholas Owen to shelter Catholic priests. In the late 17th century the Hall passed to the Throckmorton's and in 1743, a separate chapel was built and Mass and the sacrements were celebrated here until the 1820's. St . Mary's R.C. Church was rebuilt by Sir George Throckmorton in 1825.
O.S. Ref: SO891736
Some 4 miles N.W. from Bromsgrove along the A448
The village of Chaddesley Corbett is located within the Parish of the same name, in the Wyre Forest area of rural Worcestershire, half way between Bromsgrove and Kidderminster. Apart from the village, the parish also includes Barnett Brook (2 miles NbyW), Bellington (2 miles NNW), Bluntington (½ mile N.E.), Bournes Green (1½ mile E.N.E.), Brockencote (½ mile west), Cakebole (1½ miles S.W.), Dor Hall (1 mile N), Drayton (about 2 miles N.N.E), Harvington (1½ miles N.W.), Hill Pool (1½ mile N), Longmore (1 mile SW), Lower Chaddesley (½ mile S), Mustow Green (1½ miles N.W.), Outwood (1¼ miles S.E.), Sion Hill (2 miles N), Tanwood (1mile N.E.), Woodrow (1 mile N)  [www.chaddesley-corbett.co.uk (7 Feb 2008)]
Archdeaconry & Diocese of Worcester until 1921, Archdeaconry of Dudley & Diocese of Worcester (1921 - *) 
Parish Registers at Worcestershire Archives
International Genealogical Index (IGI)
|Parish Registers||Births / Christenings||1813-1877|
|Bishops' Transcripts||Births / Christenings||1538-1812 (59%)|
|Roman Catholic||Births / Christenings||1752-1824|
CHADDESLEY CORBET : Marriages 1601-26: Worcestershire registers, vol. 1-2 [Typescript.] IN: Worcestershire registers, vol. 1-2 Published , 1993 Author Percy-Smith, H K (transcriptions) Author Homer, F A (transcriptions) Society of Genealogists 
Harvington Hall Roman Catholic Chapel : Christenings 1752-1806 & 1806-23/4 Marriages 1804 & 1807-17 Deaths 1763-1804 & 1792-1828 (gaps) Confirmations 1797, 1808, 1809, 1816 & 1818 Communicants 1795, 1797, 1807-22/3 & 1828 Anniversaries 1697-1878 Catalogue of Harvington Library 1755. Worcestershire Archives 
CHADDESLEY CORBETT (Harvington Hall Catholic Chapel) : Christenings 1752-1824, Marriages 1804-17, D 1763-1819; includes confirmation lists 1797-1818, lists of Easter communicants 1795-1823 & a list of priests 1653-1915: in Miscellanea, 10: Catholic Record Society publications, vol. 17 IN: Catholic Record Society publications, vol. 17 Published London : Catholic Record Society, 1915 Author Burton, Edwin Hubert Society of Genealogists
For the names of those included on a War Memorial at St Cassian's Church see:
For the names of those included on a WW1 Roll of Service at St Cassian's Church see:
All the censuses between 1841 and 1901 are now available on a number of fee-paying (Subscription or PayAsYouGo) sites including Ancestry.co.uk, FindMyPast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk and genesreunited.co.uk. The 1911 census is available in full or in part on some of these sites. We are unable to advise on the choice of site since researchers' personal preferences will be influenced by the content and search facilities offered by each site. Some sites offer a free trial.
Access to the library edition of Ancestry.co.uk is widely available at most record offices, including Worcestershire Archives, and some libraries. You are advised to book time on their computers before making a visit.
A free-to-view site is being developed at freecen.org.uk for the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 censuses. Coverage of Worcestershire parishes is rather sparse at this time.Census returns can usually be viewed at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' Family History Centres.
Some repositories offer census details on microform, disc or printed copy. These include:
1851 census Worcestershire, vol. 2 Kidderminster : transcript & surname index: Chaddesley Corbett, Rushock, Stone, Broom, Churchill, Wolverley - Published Birmingham : Birmingham & Midland Society for Genealogy & Heraldry, 1992 - Author Friend, A F
Search Services (Fee paying) - BMSGH and Independent
Parish Records on microform
At Worcestershire Archives 
A copy of the General Parish Register 1538-1727 with indexes & historical notices. Transcribed 1897
Bastardy bonds 1683-1808
Examination papers 18th cent.
Settlement & removal papers 18th cent.
Indentures of apprenticeships 17th & 19th cent.
The following school records are original documents. Note reference number and contact staff at Worcestershire Archives:
Hill Pool Top Council School
Admission registers, progress and withdrawal (2 vols.) - 1882-1950 - Ref: BA 1095
The records of schools and other educational establishments in this parish are detailed in a handlist available at Worcestershire Archives. The list refers to original documents so you will need to note the reference number and contact staff.
At Society of Genealogists
Harvington Hall : an historical account of the old manor house at Harvington Published Kidderminster, 1921 Author Chambers, F Owen Edition 2nd edn.
Harvington Hall near Kidderminster, Worcestershire Published Country Life 1970 Author Hussey, Christopher Source D: Anon.
An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 by Samuel Lewis:
CHADDESLEY-CORBETT, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of HALFSHIRE, county of WORCESTER, 5 miles (W.N.W.) from Bromsgrove, containing 1343 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Worcester, rated in the king's books at £17. 3. 4, and in the patronage of the Crown. The church, dedicated to St. Cassyon, is a fine spacious edifice of red freestone, combining different styles of English architecture, with some Norman portions, of which latter, the font is a fine specimen. Here is a free school, endowed with land and tenements, out of the annual produce of which the master is entitled to a salary of £40, and an usher to one of £10, but only a master is appointed; the remainder, amounting on an average to about £170 per annum, is applied towards the support of the poor; the present schoolroom was built in 1809. Mrs. Margaret Delabere erected and endowed an almshouse for five aged widows, who receive £10 per annum each. At the hamlet of Harvington, in this parish, is a Roman Catholic chapel, the rebuilding of which was completed in 1825, by subscription, the late Sir Charles Throckmorton, Bart, being the chief contributor. The same benevolent individual founded a school, and endowed it with a rent-charge upon the Harvington estate; it is kept in a building adjoining the moated manor-house, which is now the residence of a farmer; about thirty boys and girls, principally the children of Roman Catholics, are instructed on the Lancasterian plan, and provided with books and stationery.
Last Updated: 12/10/2016