A hamlet in Blockley Ancient Parish. Blockley was in Worcestershire until 1931 and Gloucestershire thereafter. (See separate entry for Blockley). Aston Magna was a separate Ecclesiastical Parish in 1847 
St. John the Evangelist
The church was declared redundant on 23 May 1979 and sold for residential use. 
Archdeaconry & Diocese of Worcester until 1919 when transferred to the Archdeaconry & Diocese of Gloucester.
Upper Kiftsgate 
Begin 1876 
Monumental Inscriptions and Associated Documents
ASTON MAGNA (St. John) : Monumental Inscriptions: Gloucestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 8 [Typescript.] IN: Gloucestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 8 Published , 1974 Author Allom, Vincent M (trans.) Source D: K Murden Society of Genealogists 
For the names of those included on a war memorial previously at St. Magna John the Evangelist Church now in Blockley St Peter and St Paul's Church see:
All the censuses between 1841 and 1901 are now available on a number of fee-paying (Subscription or PayAsYouGo) sites including Ancestry.co.uk, FindMyPast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk andgenesreunited.co.uk. The 1911 census is available in full or in part on some of these sites. We are unable to advise on the choice of site since researchers' personal preferences will be influenced by the content and search facilities offered by each site. Some sites offer a free trial.
Access to the library edition of Ancestry.co.uk is widely available at most record offices, includingWorcestershire Archives, and some libraries. You are advised to book time on their computers before making a visit.
A free-to-view site is being developed at freecen.org.uk for the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 censuses. Coverage of Worcestershire parishes is rather sparse at this time.
Census returns can usually be viewed at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' Family History Centres.
An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 by Samuel Lewis:
ASTON (MAGNA), a hamlet in the parish of BLOCKLEY; upper division of the hundred of OSWALDSLOW, county of WORCESTER, 2¾ miles (N.) from Moreton in the Marsh, containing 254 inhabitants.
Last Updated: 05/10/2016