Hamlet in Overbury Ancient Parish (Worcestershire), transferred to Gloucestershire in 1844 for civil purposes. A separate Civil Parish in 1866. Abolished entirely to Teddington Ancient Parish in 1935
Archdeaconry & Diocese of Worcester 
Note: Overbury Ancient Parish was situated partly in Lower Kiftsgate, partly in Upper Kiftsgate and partly in Middle Oswaldslow (Worcestershire). The entire area in Gloucestershire was shown in Upper Kiftsgate
Poor Law Union
Parish Registers at Worcestershire Archives
|Banns||1756 - 1882|||
Alstone registers include entries for Little Washbourne & Teddington 
International Genealogical Index (IGI)
|Parish Registers||Births / Christenings||1550-1812; 1816-57; 1880-85|
At BMSGH Reference Library 
Worcestershire Parish Registers Marriages Vol.1 - Alstone 1550-1805, Kington 1588-1836, Redditch 1808-1812
At Gloucestershire Archives 
At Shakespeare Birthplace Trust Records Office 
Christenings1550-1748, 1779-1812; Marriages1550-1731, 1756-1805; Burials1546-1735
At Society of Genealogists  :
ALSTONE : Marriages 1550-1650, 1661-1731, 1756-1805: Phillimore's parish register series, vol. 22 - Worcestershire, vol. 1 [CD-ROM] IN: Phillimore's parish register series, vol. 22 - Worcestershire, vol. 1 Published London : Phillimore & Co Ltd, 1901 Author Phillimore, W P W ed. Author Carter, W F ed.
Free Internet searches of baptism, marriage and burial records, transcribed from parish and non-conformist registers of the U.K., are available at: http://www.freereg.org.uk/cgi/Search.pl
FreeREG is a new project. The database currently contains a few million records only, so you should not expect to find all your ancestors in the database.
The coverage for this parish currently stands at: Marriages: 1551-1805
Further records may have been added since this posting
Monumental Inscriptions and Associated Documents
c1813-74, 17th century-20th century Gloucestershire Archives 
At Society of Genealogists  :
ALSTONE : Monumental Inscriptions: Gloucestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 4 [Manuscript.] IN: Gloucestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 4 Published , 1970 Author Lewin, R (trans.) Acc. no. 42016b Source D: R Lewin
ALSTONE (St. Margaret) : Monumental Inscriptions: Gloucestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 18 [Manuscript.] IN: Gloucestershire monumental inscriptions, vol. 18 Published , 1999 AuthorCooper, Keith et al. (trans.) Source D: Gloucestershire FHS.
All the censuses between 1841 and 1901 are now available on a number of fee-paying (Subscription or PayAsYouGo) sites including Ancestry.co.uk, FindMyPast.co.uk, thegenealogist.co.uk andgenesreunited.co.uk. The 1911 census is available in full or in part on some of these sites. We are unable to advise on the choice of site since researchers' personal preferences will be influenced by the content and search facilities offered by each site. Some sites offer a free trial.
Access to the library edition of Ancestry.co.uk is widely available at most record offices, includingWorcestershire Archives, and some libraries. You are advised to book time on their computers before making a visit.
A free-to-view site is being developed at freecen.org.uk for the 1841, 1851, 1861, 1871 and 1891 censuses. Coverage of Worcestershire parishes is rather sparse at this time.
Census returns can usually be viewed at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints' Family History Centres.
Some repositories offer census details on microform, disc or printed copy. These include:
1841 1901 at Worcestershire Archives 
1851-1901 Gloucestershire Archives
Gloucestershire 1851 Census index & transcription, vol. 14 : HO 107/1971 - [Winchcombe registration district] Guiting & Cleeve sub-districts: Index to the 1851 Census for Gloucestershire [Microfiche.] - Published Gloucestershire FHS, 1998 Society of Genealogists
An extract from the Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 by Samuel Lewis:
ALSTONE, a chapelry in the parish of OVERBURY, middle division of the hundred of OSWALDSLOW, county of WORCESTER, 6½ miles (E. by S.) from Tewkesbury, containing 79 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Margaret.
Last Updated: 15/07/2013